Slept rather late this morning after staying up to see the new year in. We went out to get a late breakfast which really was lunch and now intend to spend the rest of the day being quiet, knitting and doing some reading. Before that, though, I wanted to post my goals for January. Also, showing off the new site layout.
- Write 100 words a day – this is part of getting the muscles moving. I’ve already done today’s, which turned out to be more than 100 words and gave me a scene that’s a nice little nugget.
- Discovery Class – This starts January 16, and the big challenge for me here is keeping up with the homework, participating and not letting myself get distracted when life does its inevitable, “there are other things to focus on.”
- Blog regularly — seem to be doing okay on that point already.
- Deal with Facebook — Do I have to? I don’t really care for Facebook even on a personal level, so there’s an extreme reluctance here.
- Deal with Twitter — More comfortable here, but I’m not quite certain how to actually manage it with everything else going on.
- Back to the gym — Two years ago, I had just taken off twenty pounds; as of this morning, I’ve put twelve back on. Time to fix this.
- Clean five minutes a day — If I start at this level, things will get easier as I go along and I’ll get the re-arranged house I want.
That’s a nice, compact list, and all of them are obtainable. Well, except for Facebook and Twitter, but I think that’s going to be a work in progress for a while. So, how are your goals going for the year going?